Saturday, April 16 is the 9th annual Record Store Day. Visit Nyack’s The Kiam Records Shop for a full day of music, vinyl, and independent shopping.
Record Store Day is the celebration of the culture of the independent record store, held every April. The celebration goes on all day and includes music, food, artist appearances and all kinds of fun.
The schedule of activities at The Kiam Records Shop, in downtown Nyack:
- Open 8:00am – 9:00pm
- 7:00 am: for the early birds lined up, free coffee and donuts from Gypsy Donut and Espresso Bar, while supplies last
- First 50 customers received a free swag bag with goodies from record labels, plus music from the Kiam Records label
- Exclusive Record Store Day albums available on a first-come, first-served basis, one per customer (click here for the list of exclusive RSD releases)
- 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm: DJ DVD of Tron and DVD (Kiam Records)
- 6:00pm – 9:00pm: Beer and refreshments available
- 20% off all used LPs, CDs and tapes throughout the day
Celebrate your independence everyday, with the independently-owned shops and restaurants in Downtown Nyack.
April 30, 2016 — Independent Bookstore Day (Pickwick Book Shop, 8 South Broadway)
May 7, 2016 — Free Comic Book Day (Funny Business, 130 Main Street)