Heritage of West Nyack’s 7th Annual Fall Festival
October 20, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Join the Revolution, the glorious cause! See how militia men and camp followers of the American Revolutionary War lived in the 1770’s. Heard’s Brigade of the New Jersey Militia is seeking visitors to cheer on our encampment of 18th century tents, open-fire pit cooking, militia drills, musket firing and other living history demonstrations! Maybe we will come upon the British and those Loyalists!
- NEW—Scavenger Hunt
- NEW—Weaving and Spinning Demonstrations
- Horse Drawn Hayride (12:30-3:30 pm)
- Petting Zoo by Nickel-O Farms
- Tour the Budke House and see the long awaited first phase of the restoration
- Pumpkin Picking, Decorating and Painting
- Sheep Shearing by Fred Depaul. Demos on the history of sheep shearing
- Children’s Games, Crafts and Storytime by The Hausner Family. Hear the Witch of West Nyack Story.
- Lace Making Demonstration by Mayra Petretti—Metropolitan Chapter IOLI
- Pen Turning Workshop, Hudson Valley Wood Turners, for ages 12 and up (pre-registration appreciated)
- West Nyack Fire Department and local Cub Scout and Boy Scout Troops
Enjoy, Music, Raffles, Craft Vendors and Demonstrations, Free Mini-Golf & more!
Food Vendors and Refreshments for Purchase
For an updated schedule of events, please go to HeritageofWestNyack.org or visit us on Facebook
FREE parking at Germonds Park and an easy stroll on the sidewalk to the Historic Vanderbilt/Traphagen and Tallman/Budke Houses. Clarkstown Mini Bus Shuttle will also be providing transportation to and from the properties.