Walk to the Beat is proud to introduce Shop to the Beat – a unique, one-weekend, shopping event and fundraiser to support the local arts organization Walk to the Beat its summer festival (July 18, 2015). Walk to the Beat and participating stores, restaurants and businesses will promote Shop to the Beat by distributing coupons which can be used only during Shop to the Beat Weekend, which will be held for the first time on June 6-7, 2015. For each purchase made using the coupon, the business will donate a percentage of the sale to Walk to the Beat’s free summer festival in July.
“A big goal for us is to increase the foot traffic to the amazing local businesses in Nyack,” states Walk to the Beat co-founder Anna de la Paz. “Shop to the Beat is an opportunity for us to support them and extend our impact beyond our annual summer festival. We are honored to have so many wonderful locally-owned business participating in the first Shop to the Beat.”
Nyack shops and restaurants participating in Shop to the Beat include:
- Chocolaterie – a European chocolate shop offering the finest, all natural chocolates and gifts for all occasions.
- Turiellos Pizza Restaurant – a family-owned restaurant in the heart of Nyack dubbed the “King of Pizza”
- Pickwick Book Shop – a full service bookstore selling both new and used books since 1945
- Prohibition River – a restaurant featuring an eclectic seasonal menu and large selection of craft beers, custom cocktails and spirits
- Lorybird Boutique – a women’s clothing and accessories shop featuring vibrant colors, incredible fabrics and unique designs
- Gena Lisa Lingerie – a lingerie shop specializing in fitting women and offering a great selection of the very best loungewear
- María Luisa Boutique – offers environmentally and socially conscious women’s clothing, shoes, accessories, gifts and more.
- DAnthony’s Hair Studio – a salon committed to educating clients about hair care and helping women feel good about themselves
- Bee Alive Bee Spa & Retail Store – offers a unique shopping and spa experience. They exclusively sell BeeAlive® merchandise and offer spa services using only natural products
- Sign of the Times – a gift shop with an eclectic mix of merchandise including toys, jewelry, incense, books and more
- Metal and Stone — a jewelry destination in the beautiful Hudson River village of Nyack.
- O’Malley’s Bar and Restaurant – stop in for some great food, music and cheer
- p.ross — a boutique/gallery where art meets fashion for women and men
- Sanctuary — a true feast for the senses…Let the beautiful aura of incense & candles draw you into our vibrantly, colorful space, with music that will set the mood perfectly for you to shop and enjoy
About Walk to the Beat
Walk to the Beat is a not for profit organization committed to bringing live, world percussive music and dance to the community. It began by offering a full day free festival in Nyack, NY, which has become an annual event every summer since 2013. Through collaborations with local business and arts organizations Walk to the Beat curates community workshops and performances, school presentations and residencies, and ongoing classes in addition to its annual festival. In 2014, Walk to the Beat brought people from over 10 countries into our Hudson Valley village to celebrate the similarities and differences of world culture through the universal language of music and dance.