Nyack celebrates its seventh annual African American Day on Saturday, May 2nd at 12noon with a multicultural festival. There will be food, music, dancing, and various forms of entertainment in Nyack’s Memorial Park on the Hudson River. Due to unforeseen circumstances, there will be no parade this year.
New to the festivities this year: ‘3-on-3 basketball tournament’, an all-day event beginning at 12noon.
As part of the ‘Festival in the Park’ – Food, Vendors, Music, entertainment.
Here is a short list of participants and activities:
- Fashion Show by KURVACIOUS FASHIONS
- Salsa Demonstration/group dance by KWANMAYA DANCE STUDIO
- Car Show featuring MT. VERNON CLASSIC CARS
- Nyack’s Award-winning FIRE DEPARTMENT
- ST. CHARLES A.M.E. ZION CHOIR
- MOTHERLAND RHYTHYMS & DRUMMING IN HARMONY
- CAUSE KIDZ (AFRICAN DANCE)
- DYNAMIC (HIP HOP GROUP)
Community service organizations from Rockland and Westchester Counties will be available to provide valuable information for all who attend.
Come out and enjoy the Festivities – Food, fun and more !
***General parking will not be available in Memorial Park***