- This event has passed.
Spring Fling Pride Promenade
June 6, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 8:00 pm
On June 6, Downtown Nyack will close the streets to traffic from 11am to 8pm to allow for strolling, shopping, and dining. This special PRIDE Promenade, celebrating alongside the Rockland Pride Center, will be the highlight of the Spring Fling season!
The Village is closing Broadway from First to Cedar Hill and Main Street from Broadway to Franklin to traffic, so businesses can expand into the streets for outdoor dining, shopping, and Spring Fling fun!
All day — 11:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Street closures: Broadway from First Avenue to Cedar Hill Avenue, and Main Street from Broadway to Franklin
- Nyack’s boutiques, salons, spas and restaurants offer special deals, special meals, one-of-a kind merchandise
- Details on specials available at Spring Fling Specials
- Free parking village-wide: Main Street, Artopee Way and Marina municipal parking lots and free on-street parking. RCC Culinary & Hospitality Center lot: enter on Main Street, just east of Broadway
- Pride-themed flower installation inspired by the work of Constance Spry at the Hezekiah Easter veteran’s park gazebo
Spring Fling Hospitality Tent – sponsored by Nyack Montefiore Hospital
11:00am to 5:00pm – Hezekiah Easter Veterans Park (Main and Cedar)
- Receipt Raffle: Hourly drawings plus a grand prize drawing at 5pm. Visitors enter with $20+ receipts from any Nyack business.
- Window Decorating Contest: Winning business owners and one lucky voter will be awarded prizes
- Scavenger Hunt: Pick up clues, collect prizes
- Nyack Fan Card on sale: discounts at 15 participating businesses, valued at $100+
- Souvenir shirts and caps on sale: Iconic, stylish, exclusive design by artist Bill Batson
Art in the Garden Pop-up Outdoor Art Gallery
11:00am to 5:00pm – Hickory Dickory Dock (43 S. Broadway)
Featuring works by members of the Nyack Art Collective and a performance by Children’s Shakespeare Theatre
Interactive Family-Friendly Chalk Art Activity
12:00pm to 5:00pm – South Broadway (Hudson to Cedar Hill)
Hopscotch, tic-tac-toe, positive messages, and more adorn South Broadway in this family-friendly chalk art event! Sponsored by the Rockland Pride Center, directed by local artist Eve Fernandez, and coordinated by Maria Luisa Boutique
LGBTQ+ Heroes Awards Ceremony
12:30pm – Hezekiah Easter Veterans Park (Main and Cedar)
Presented to seven local Pride “heroes” by Senator Reichlin-Melnik
12:30pm to 1:30pm – Outdoors at First Reformed Church (18 S. Broadway)
This bright band of Julliart students includes William Leathers and Erik Larson (both trumpet), Carlos Jiménez Fernández (trombone), Deandre Desir (tuba) and Ryan Williamson (on horn and proud son of Nyack)
Fine Art Exhibitions and Sales
1:00pm to 4:00pm – South Broadway (Burd to Depew)
Watch a dozen artists from Nyack Art Collective in action, including caricatures by Dan Springer and pet portraits by John Gilbert
Jazz and Drag at Maureen’s Jazz Cellar
1:30pm to 8:00pm – Main & Broadway
Guitar/singer John Malino opens, followed by the legendary David Budway Quartet, featuring Ron Affif, Cameron Brown and Aaron Seeber. There will also be special drag performances by Alex Francisco and Bear Donna with Drag Queen Speed Bingo to benefit the Rockland Pride Center at 5:30pm.
Celebration Fashion Show on North Broadway
3:00 pm – North Broadway (between Main & High)
Fun, fashion, flair for all to enjoy presented by Hope Wade Designs and Honor & Blume of The Co-Op
Nyack’s Spring Fling is an ongoing celebration of Nyack that has turned Spring into a season-long event! Spring Fling takes place everyday through June 20 throughout downtown Nyack, where you can use your Fan Card, save your receipts from Nyack businesses, go window shopping to choose your favorite decorations, or participate in the scavenger hunt.
So come take a stroll around town and enjoy weekly Spring Fling Specials — a special meal or deal at participating businesses!