The Nyack Chamber of Commerce will host its 28th annual Halloween Parade on Saturday, October 24 from 5:30 to 7:30pm (rain date Sunday, October 25) in the heart of Nyack. Festivities begin at 3:00 pm with live music on Main Street.
Nyack’s parade is the largest parade of its kind outside New York City. Building on a history of record-breaking crowds, over 25,000 spectators are expected to line the streets of Main and Broadway in Nyack for this fun-filled, family-friendly event.
Marchers and floats will assemble at 4:00pm in Memorial Park at the corner of Depew and Piermont Streets in downtown Nyack. The parade steps off at 5:30pm. All are welcome to march and to register for prizes. Registration on-site in Memorial Park in order to be eligible for prizes.
The winner of this year’s Best Float competition will take home a $750 cash prize. Floats winning second and third place will receive $500 and $250 respectively. Prizes for costumes will be awarded in seven categories, with awards ranging from $25 to $200.
Parade-goers will experience a variety of special talent, including three of Rockland County’s top marching bands — Nyack High School, Nanuet High School and Clarkstown North High School bands. Additional parade highlights include the Suburbia Roller Derby of Westchester, Hudson Valley Harley Riders, Rockland Boulders, an array of classic cars, local fire departments showing off their best equipment — and of course, the scariest and wackiest costumes this side of Manhattan.
Nyack’s Halloween celebration is a day-long affair, with plenty of entertainment both before and after the parade:
- The “Witch Way 5K” costume run — starting at 9:00am in Memorial Park. A kids’ run/costume parade — the “Boo Run 1K” — will begin at 9:45am. For more information, go to email@example.com. Register online at raceawesome.com
- Live on Main Street: Live music returns this year to Main Street from 3:00 to 5:00pm provided by Anjel Blue Rehearsal Studios. Featured performers include the Clearwater Chorus and Dave Reiss and Friends. The evening continues post-parade with a gala awards ceremony and music with Frankie D and The Boys.
- Awards Ceremony and Dance Party: Nyack’s Main Street and South Broadway will be closed from approximately 2:30pm to 8:00pm for the parade activities. The much-anticipated prize awards ceremony will begin immediately after the parade. Live music and dancing will continue in the Main Street parking lot after the awards.
- Monster Mash: Also immediately following the parade, Halloween revelers can go to the Nyack Center’s ninth annual Monster Mash, featuring live music, dancing, dinner buffet — and lots of spooky family fun. The party goes from 6:30 to 9:00pm. The Center is located at Depew and South Broadway in Nyack.
Continue the celebration through the 31st:
- Through November 7: Alfred Hitchcock Presents Three One Acts
Nyack Village Theatre presents three one-acts featuring the master of macabre, murder and mystery theatre, Alfred Hitchcock Presents directed by Richard Quinn.
See website for performance schedule and ticket information
- Friday, October 30: West Gate Lounge Halloween Celebration
with Butch Barbella’s Streets of the Bronx
Doors Open 8pm
- Friday, October 30: Night of the Living Dead, at Nyack Center
8:00pm – 11:00pm
Nyack Center (corner Depew and S. Broadway)
$5 per person
- Saturday, October 31: West Gate Lounge Annual Costume Party
with DJ Orlando
Doors Open 8pm