by LeeAnn Mailly, Nyack News & Views
Here’s your Fri-Sun rundown of what to do and where to do it.
- Only two performances left of Chinese Coffee, directed by Richard Quinn and starring John Mirabella and Harry Leavey on Fri and Sat at 8p. Nyack Village Theatre, 94 Main St.
- Capo 2nd Fret, an acoustic-eclectic band, performs two sets starting at 6:30p. Bourbon Street, 132 Main Street.
- The all-original alternative rock band, Regret The Hour, plays at 10p, Prohibition River, 82 Main St in Nyack.
- Elmwood Playhouse presents The Goat, or Who is Sylvia? by Edward Albee, an award-winning tragi-comedy directed by Peter Garruba. Runs through Feb 7. 8p at Elmwood Playhouse, 10 Park St, Nyack.
- Chiku Awali African Dance, Arts & Culture, Inc. presents their 12th Annual African Dance Extravaganza, a day of workshops and performance. Ramapo Cultural Arts Theater, 64 North Main Street, Spring Valley. Call 845-357-5062 for tickets.
- Edward Hopper House Annual Members’ Exhibition runs through Feb 8, 82 N Broadway.
- The Swingaroos, album release show at 8p, Hudson House, 134 Main St.
- Boxing The Needle Live features the original music of Ryan & Ryan from R&R Music School. Special guest Memories of June will open. 9p at Harbor Hill, 91 Main St.
- Stella Blue’s Band, New York’s finest Grateful Dead Tribute Band, performs two electric sets that will shake your bones all night long. $5 cover. 10p at Olive’s, 118 Main St.
- Toys Of The Past: Our Childhood Memories. Last weekend to see the dolls & dollhouses, stuffed animals, puppets, children’s books, games, toy soldiers, model cars, trucks, planes and trains enjoyed by children prior to 1955. Saturdays through February from 1-4p, The Historical Society of the Nyacks, 50 Piermont Avenue.
- VisitNyack.org has a local playbook for where to watch Superbowl XLIX.
- The bi-annual RoCA 2015 Members’ Exhibition features 200 participating members. Through Feb. 15, RoCA, 27 Greenbush Road, W. Nyack.
- Outdoor skating each weekend at Ramapo Ice Park at Provident Bank Park, Bear Mountain Ice Rink and Harriman State Park. Check Websites for times and fees. Skating at Lakes Tiorati and Silvermine in Harriman is free but only permitted only when green flag is present. Visit NYSparks.com or call (845) 351-2568.